What is Office 365 for Education?
Office 365 (cbd9.net) provides students with a free 25GB email account, online storage solution, collaboration, blogging, photo sharing, event planning and much more!
- Email, Calendar & Contacts: Hosted email with 25GB inbox.
- Password protected online storage
- Online Documents: View, edit, and share Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files online with SharePoint and Office Web Apps.
- Multiple browser support
Students with an account from June 2013 and prior take note of the following:
Microsoft has upgraded your account from Live@edu and is now two separate accounts:
- An Office 365 account that is managed by your educational institution and used to access email and other Office 365 services.
- A personal Microsoft account that retains access to SkyDrive, Skype, and other Microsoft services.
Q: What is SkyDrive Pro and how does it differ from SkyDrive?
A: SkyDrive Pro is a new feature that includes Microsoft SharePoint Online. Like SkyDrive, it’s a cloud storage option that allows users to store documents, access their files from anywhere, and share their files with others. The main difference is that SkyDrive is free and available to individuals, while SkyDrive Pro is managed by your institution.
How does SkyDrive Pro differ from SkyDrive?
Microsoft offers another storage service called SkyDrive. You may already be using SkyDrive to store documents and other content in the cloud. This service is different from SkyDrive Pro:
- SkyDrive is free online personal storage that you get with either a Microsoft account or Outlook.com. Use SkyDrive to save documents, photos, and other files in the cloud, share them with friends, and even collaborate on content. You’re free to decide how you want to use it. For more information about using SkyDrive, see Work together on Office documents in SkyDrive.
- SkyDrive Pro is online file storage intended for business purposes. Your SkyDrive Pro library is managed by your organization and allows you to share and collaborate on documents with co-workers. Your site collection administrator controls how you use the library. In addition, with the SkyDrive Pro sync client, you can sync SkyDrive Pro to your computer, and work with your library files and folders in Files Explorer.